Become a Greensheet Blogger!
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
Write For Us!
The Greensheet garners over one million weekly readers (print & online), and over 50k fans across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We currently feature content from several Texas-based partners, including Urban Swank, ASPCA, Houston on the Cheap, and the Houston Zoo. We intend to continue to assemble and promote a team of notable bloggers/influencers, in endeavor to increase readership (& traffic) to The Greensheet, as well as our partners. We want you to benefit from our partnership.
We will begin to feature informative content (resume tips, small business tips, etc.) as well as entertaining content, (DIY crafts, family fun, recipes, and local events). As a contributor to our blog & our paper-The Greensheet print edition, you will have the option to produce fresh content, or relevant, previously published content.
- Local events in HOUSTON, DALLAS, AUSTIN & SAN ANTONIO
- Texas-based buying and selling (garage sales, estate sales, etc.)
- Articles pertaining to small business advice and topics
- Things surrounding the home (decorating, buying or renting, DIY, etc)
- recipes and food tips, and restaurant reviews (for HOUSTON, DALLAS, SAN ANTONIO & AUSTIN areas)
- Topics surrounding pets, dogs, cats and other pets
- Publishing: By contributing to The Greensheet & our blog, you will gain exposure for yourself and your blog. Your published articles can always be used to build your portfolio, and to add credit to your name as an author. Every writer wants to hear these words: You’re published!
- Shareability: You’ll have the opportunity to submit content to be featured in The Greensheet blog and promoted across The Greensheet’s social media platforms. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Attention: The Greensheet is pleased to give you credit for all of your posts. Each contributor has the option to include a short bio and headshot with each post. You may also provide links to your blog, and preferred social media channels.
Our blog’s tone is family friendly, casual, entertaining, and informative. We want our readers to gain insight from your contributions to The Greensheet, and our blog.
Please be sure to read our blog in effort to become familiar with our audience and our guest blogger process. We prioritize relevant content that Texas-based readers can utilize. Click here for samples.
Feel free to include bullet points so that posts are scan-friendly. We will provide a monthly editorial calendar for submission ideas. You may submit content as often as you please, though we cannot promise that every submission will be featured. All content must be self-written, as plagiarism is not permitted. You may submit previously shared content, as long as the content is relevant to our readers.
The Greensheet welcomes accompanying images. Images must be directly relevant to post content. We will only accept images 300 DPI, or higher. Feel free to provide images for recipes, DIY crafts and more. The Greensheet reserves the right to use Thinkstock images, (preferred in some cases) for blog content.
As a blogger partnering blogger and contributor, we expect you to promote and share your featured posts on your social media platforms, and email it to your list of subscribers (if you have one). We also encourage our blogger partners to actively engage in the comments section of each contributed blog post.
Please note: The Greensheet reserves the right to edit submissions where necessary to ensure proper formatting, word-count, grammar and spelling. Our editor, L’oréal Hunter, will consult with each contributor prior to publishing, and in some cases, the editor will make suggestions to ensure changes/edits are agreed upon. The Greensheet reserves the right to decline submissions.