#TransformationTuesday: Transform Your Space on a Budget
There is no need to spend a fortune to transform your home or apartment. Found items, appliances, and gently used, pre-owned furniture are all essential items that can be purchased at budget prices, and used to revivify your dwelling space.
Upcycle, by using bric-a-brac and found items to enhance and transform living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens.
- Glass jars and bottles can be painted, and used to adorn shelves, dressers and baking racks in kitchens. For added flair, use a mixture of glue and food coloring for a sea glass affect.
- Old tires can be repurposed into furniture. Paint tires and add a round, glass topper for a repurposed tire coffee table. Use upholstery fabric and wood to transform tires into chairs and ottomans.
- Vintage China, such as dinnerware and tea sets can be used to add an elegant flair to kitchens and china cabinets.
- Stainless steel appliances are known to instantly modernize kitchens. Start small with stainless steel microwaves, toasters, and coffee pots. Large appliances, like refrigerators, stoves, and dishwashers can be added one by one, if need be, for a more cost-effective approach. Appliances are hot ticket items at estate sales and garage sales. Find upcoming estate sales and garage sales HERE, in The Greensheet.
- Purchasing a brand new washer and dryer set can be costly. Fortunately, washers and dryers are also commonly found at estate sales and garage sales for a fraction of the price. Transform your laundry room, and save water and energy with the addition of a front-loading washer and an energy-efficient dryer.
Tip: When purchasing appliances, always ask for warranty information. Check serial numbers and research for possible recalls.
- Furniture; think sofas, shelves, beds, dressers, dining tables, buffets, and china closets are essential components to any room. Transform your bedroom with a refurbished bed and dresser combo.
- There’s plenty of DIY fun to be had in restoring antique furniture. Restore an antique, wooden buffet with paint and wood polish.
- Transform the look and feel of a bedroom by sanding and painting a dresser, and adding drawer pulls.
- Use contact paper, or wallpaper to transform and rejuvenate bookshelves.
- Sofas are pricey, yet necessary. Transform the look of a living room, office, or bedroom with a reupholstered sofa, loveseat, or chair.
We want to hear from you! Share your budget-friendly home improvement ideas with us in the comment section below.