Slow Cooked Barbacoa
- 4 lbs beef brisket (or beef chuck roast will also work)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 – 4 chipotle chilis in adobo
- 1¼ cups beef broth
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp salt, then more to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Cut the beef into large cubes. In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the vegetable oil and sear the beef on each side. Transfer to your slow cooker.
- In a food processor add adobo chilis, beef broth, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, cloves, and lime juice. Pulse until blended and pour on top of the meat.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6 hours. Shred the meat with two forks and turn on warm.
recipe from: https://therecipecritic.com/