Pizza Mac & Cheese
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. penne
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 c. grated mozzarella
- 1/4 lb. mini pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven 375 degreesº. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, less 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter, whisk in flour, and cook for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and whisk with milk until smooth. Add oregano, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp salt and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Fold in half the cheese and add drained pasta. Top pasta with remaining cheese and sprinkle pepperoni all over.
- Bake until pepperoni is crispy and pasta is bubbling, 10 minutes. Serve immediately.